Imagine sitting backand watching a DVD of your memories from 30 or 40 years ago, in crisp color with nice background music! At McRoberts Video Productions, we use a high-tech digital, frame by frame process to beautifully transfer your 8mm, super 8mm or 16mm reels onto DVD. We can even bring back a lot of those faded or distorted colors from years of storage.
We have transferred our own family home movies and know how emotional and nostalgic it can be. We treat each 8mm or 16mm film order as if they were our own home movies, and we are pretty picky.
We offer nice printed labels on the DVDs with titles of what is on the DVD or the family name, if available.
Home movie transfers include:
- light instrumental background music at no extra charge
- color correction (very extreme correction may involve an editing charge)
- blank or white frames are removed
- personalized DVD label with family name
- you will receive your original film back
- a beginning title with family name
- For an additional charge we can add a detailed menu, and chapters, so you can easily jump to certain years in your movies.
Tips to get you started:
- Gather all your reels and put them in the order you'd like (example: chronological), then number each reel on the outside. Use post it notes if you don't want to write on the reels.
- Most reels are marked with the footage amount (the small ones are usually 50 ft).Use the chart below to calculate the approximate amount of footage you have and how many DVDs you'll need. We will help you with this.